To recap 2009:
- went on a great vacation to Beijing, walked the Great Wall and ate like a king with TB during February
- started reading fiction again, polishing off approximately one title per week this year
- got serious at the gym in March, and have been slowly getting fit ever since
- line 9 opened in July, making it easier for me to get around Seoul
- went to a live game to watch each baseball team in the Korean league, including the season opener and Game 7 of the Championship Series
- renewed my contract with SMOE in August for another year
- went to the dentist for the first time in ages, got a gold crown for $350
- had a fun holiday in New Zealand with pal Andy, an exotic and unforgettable land
- somewhere in there, crested the learning on curve on how to teach these kids something
- still didn't sell my house, toyed with the idea of strategic foreclosure
My New Year's Resolution in 2009 was not to make any resolutions, and I managed to keep it. So, I'm going to make that my resolution for 2010 as well--why mess with success?
And finally, to the Teeming Dozens I say, with feeling: Have a Happy New Year!