Sunday, December 7, 2008

Let It Snow

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the ondol's so delightful,
And since there's no place like Seoul:
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

And so it has, with a quarter-inch coating this morning which had sublimed by lunchtime; then it started up again before dark, leaving another quarter-inch so far (here in Gangseo-gu, anyway). Here's a photo from MaeHwa Park next to the officetel:

Snow, second fall of the day, in MaeHwa Park, Deungchon-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul 12-07-08
Don't worry about me, though. In addition to the ondol (Korean warm-water floor heating, in case you missed it), and the Bailey's, I also bought a bottle of Chivas Regal

My lesson this week (actually, the next two weeks due to the interruption from final exams) will be on Christmas carols, our own festive classroom noraebang. With help from EFLClassroom, I have a PPT of Christmas carols w/lyrics, and some good links. And a felt Santa hat for $2.50 from E-Mart-uh.

This post comes with complimentary video. You'd think it's Dean Martin or Al Martino doing certain weather-related crooning, but you'd be wrong:

1 comment:

Andrew Lasher said...

Man, you only live a little bit away from me, yet you got a lot more snow. Incidentally, sorry I haven't called you recently, but I have been trying to kill myself with alcohol, and I don't want to offend your delicate sensibilites. I'll give you a ring this weekend.