Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Time Over

My school has been doing mid-term exams during the last week, which means to me arriving at school at the usual time (7:45), sitting around until about 10:30 and then calling it a day.  I have more or less created and/or updated my teaching materials for the rest of the year.  The weather has been quite spectacular--if on a few days deceptively warm--so I have spent as much time as I could dining al fresco and otherwise soaking it in. 

Today at about leaving time, I run into another member of the English Dept. and he sighs: "Well, as teachers our happy time is now ended."  We go back to full time teaching tomorrow, and we have one holiday between then and sometime in December--and that holiday is next Monday, Oct 3.  This is a terribly long stretch without a break, something like nine weeks.  On the plus side, I will have some fun units to teach in that span, like the movies unit, the toy convention, brands and advertizing, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Bonus Product:  Yesterday as I was walking home, I passed a street vendor of the sort that lays a bunch of junk out on top of a blanket on the sidewalk.  It's virtually unheard for me to buy anything from these guys, but I found the product I've been seeking, the multi-interface, flexi-handled backscratcher. Probably a bargain at oh cheon won, but I got it for sam cheon!

Photobucketsux

No comments: