Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pizza and Beer

Photobucket

It's time for the "World Beer Festival" at your local E-Mart, well, my local E-Mart anyway, so I toddled over to see what they had on offer. Several varieties, like Singha, Kirin and Budweiser, were only available in multi-packs, so I forwent those brands and picked up one each of the "World" brands one could pick up only one of.

I needed something to need all that beer to wash down, so I got a big slice of the Combination pizza. You can see there is no corn or sweet potato on it, and the toppings are plentiful. The crust gets a bit soggy in the middle but I'd say this is as good as any reasonably priced pizza I've had in Korea, and better than most.

Photobucket

Beer: W20,970 total; Pizza: W2,500 per slice

7 comments:

Chris said...

You beer-to-pizza ratio seems a bit skewed...

Tuttle said...

Sez you! But actually, picture another slice, not pictured.

조안나 said...

gotta love e-mart pizza!

Tanner Brown said...

You "needed something to need all that beer to wash down" -- nice.

Tuttle said...

Thank you. I quite liked that bit.

Chris said...

I didn't realize I could buy the E-Mart pizza by the slice, I've hesitated to buy a whole pie, Not only would I eat too much, but read on a sign you have to wait 50 minutesy, My shopping trips are typically much quicker, I presume the slices are available for immediate carry-out? (sorry I'm using commas for periods- blogger is doing some weird thing when I type a period)

Tuttle said...

Again, MrStumbler, it's all according to your local E-Mart. At mine, they stopped the day-ahead sign up a couple months ago and sell 1/6 slices for 2500 W, the whole is 12500 W so it's a savings on bulk ...