Friday, January 24, 2020

Seoul Lotte Tower


I'm spending my winter vacation/Seollal holiday in Seoul, doing some of those things I never seem to get around to. First up was a visit to the recently completed Lotte Tower, world's sixth tallest building, and the observation deck located therein. A foreigner promotion was on, so the ticket was 18,000W, down from the regular price of 27,000. The building was designed by New York firm Kohn Pedersen Fox. They also designed the Shanghai World Finance Center, which I visited in 2010.

First, inside the elevator on the way up. It was superfast.


Here are some of the best shots I got.


There was a rotating art display around the inside walls of one floor of the observation deck, featuring artists' homages to Charles Shultz. This one quite took my fancy:





Above is my "kitty", two mouse pads at 4,000W each, and the "framed" photo op was a pricey 15,000.


Next up: World Cup stadium tour, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.

No comments: