Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas Cake 2019 ... and stuff

Ah, Korea's Christmas cakes! Gotta love 'em, and so I do. This year's iteration harkens back to my first Christmas cake, back in 2008.


Today at school, we had an elaborate afternoon snack, which I at first assumed had something to do with Christmas. But it was actually a "workshop" for the school's "educational program". I suppose this is the elementary school version of the semi-to-quite drunken committee meetings we had in the high school.


Saturday evening, I went to dinner and drinks with some pals in Hongdae. But before any of them showed up, I made a new friend, a blood donation mascot who gave me a cookie:


After dinner, we went to a bar called Gopchang Jeongol, which means Offal Chowder.


But it is a bar, a really cool bar, a really packed, really cool bar. It focuses on a retro atmosphere and retro music. Many guests sang (and danced) along, and a good time was had by all.


Tonight is Christmas Eve eve, and in case I don't post anything else in the next two days, Merry Christmas, Everybody!

No comments: