Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vacation Time

In America, we had an aphorism about teaching, to wit: "The three best reasons to teach are June, July and August." This referred to our agrarian-based institutional calendar that school shuts down during the summer months.

In Korean public schools, this translates to "The one and a half best reasons to teach are February and a couple weeks in August."

Needless to say, there is nothing great about February in Seoul. Here are two photos I snapped tonight, first outsde the front door of my building, the second at the little park across the street.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The great thing is that Korea is within striking distance of more tropical climes; therefore, I lehttps://imgur.com/Fbr2Yhhave tomorrow for two and a half weeks in the warmer environs of Taiwan and the downright warmish southern gulf coast of Thailand.

After I finish this post, I am going to sweep and mop my floor (all the other cleaning is done), carry out the recycling, and finish packing. Tomorrow I have to get a haircut in the morning, drop by my school--mainly to water my plants, visit the bank, then head to the airport.

See you in three weeks!

1 comment:

조안나 said...

sounds nice, I'm jealous!