Sunday, April 21, 2019

Tuttle Roundup

Life here in the Land of the Morning Calm continues apace.

A couple Fridays ago I was roped into being a judge for the Annual Fifth Grade K-Pop Dance Battle. I tried to beg off, but the teacher in charge (my first coT when I came to this school, so I felt I kind of owed her) assured me it was not big deal. This, it turned out, was a bald-faced lie, as the winning teams got a fried chicken party! Not a big deal, my shiny white butt! Anyway, I know what you want--pictures:


I'm not going to complain too much, though, as the judges got to have a fried chicken party, too.

On the chilly, drizzly Sunday following, I went to the Seoul Museum of Art, which is behind Deoksugung in the city center, and popped 15K for the David Hockney exhibition, which is the first major installation of his work in Asia.


That was the best shot I could get; they had a great photo-op replicating a life-size portrait he did of his parents, where guests would sit in chairs on opposite side of the table, but because of the weather, it--or at least the chairs--was unavailable:


EDIT: I found this ad in a subway station:


This Sunday (Easter) I went to the FC Seoul match at Sangam World Cup Stadium vs Incheon United. The less said about the scoreless game, the better, but they've added a couple of nice fan inducements: this terrific poster, and this cardboard hat which replicates the 도깨비 (goblin) mascot. At bottom is a new subway graphic of the stadium.


More subway shots:


Flowers I took in the last week around my school:


No comments: