Sunday, April 7, 2019

2019 Yeouido Flower Festival


Winter has passed and spring has come, and with it the annual Yeouido Flower Festival, featuring the cherry blossoms, and my annual post about it. The weather has been slow to recognize that spring has sprung, and I was worried the flowers would be slow, too. Judge for yourself:


So, they were there in profusion, and so were the flower-lovers. And I was happy to see the Yeongdeungpo-gu officials have upgraded the trash receptacles--until a few years ago there were virtually none to be found. They also added a photo-op focused on the flowers.


There were the usual street performers and artists, but I did not see a single mascot offering photo-ops, and instead there was a display of children's books--I'm all about books, but I like a photo with a dragon or Lego samurai as well ...


A couple more flowers, these from my neighborhood when I got home, and a selfie.





No comments: