Sunday, April 17, 2016

Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival 2016


The theme of this year's festival, followed by the best shot I got. I have come to the festival here every year since 2009 (click the "cherry blossom festival" tag in the label cloud to see each year's post), but this is the first year you can see my standard pic without glasses--that is, me without glasses, you should wear glasses if you ordinarily do.


The star, of course, of the event is the cherry blossoms, on around 1400 trees donated to the Korean government by Japan about one hundred years ago, lining Junjungno:


Additionally, there are numerous other features for visitors' entertainment and edification, including portraitists, magicians, musicians, and shopping opportunities.


Mixed in there are photo ops, including characters I've never heard of, but couldn't resist anyway:


Finally, a few more of the blooms:


2 comments:

atia said...

Hi,

I like your photos. May I know the date when the photo was taken? It is because I will be going to Seoul on 9 April this year. Will it be the best time to view the cherry blossoms around Seoul?

Thank you

Tuttle said...

The dates of the cherries blossoming or even the cherry blossom festival have yet to be announced, but it is generally in mid-April.

I suspect that if you are in Korea for a week after April 9, you are likely to find the festival, or at least a blossoming, in the offing.

Happy travels!