Thursday, February 4, 2016

School Electioms

The US Presidential election season is underway, with the Iowa caucuses just finished and New Hampshire primaries coming up fast. Yangmyung Elementary was a hotbed of political activity this week, as well, as students chose their student government officers for next year.

A few mornings this week I arrived at school to find canvassing underway, with chants and signs supporting about 10 candidates for the four offices (class reps are chosen later). So I took a few pics:


Om Wednesday morning, the candidates gave their speeches over the closed circuit TV system, then the students went to the polls, one located on each floor--this one outside my classroom, where the third graders exercised the franchise:


The results are in, but I don't think I'm supposed to say. Anyway, congratulations to the winners, and condolences to the losers (or is that the differently winning?)

I have previously blogged about the high school elections at my old school: start here.

No comments: