Thursday, June 19, 2008

Today's word is "fickle"

1) A Village Voice blog alerts us to the latest Korean import to America, New York Hot Dog & Coffee, which has taken over Bruno's Pastry on Bleeker Str. In addition to cheese, chili and slaw dogs, NYHD&C has curry, bulgogi and bulgabi topped wieners.

2) Here is a map of Camp Red Cloud in Ouijongbu, provided by the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). I hope that I'm not giving away any military secrets! Eligible personnel can purchase a new vehicle from Ford, Chrysler or Harley-Davidson on advantageous terms. Alas, the Chevy S-10 is unavailable.

3) I feel confident I can count to ninety-nine in Korean.
Lonely Planet guide Seoul, 2006
4) Knowing for sure I will be in Seoul, I went to B&N and bought a map and the Lonely Planet Seoul guide. I ate at Five Guys while I was at it. I have to say the Ye Olde Newnan image of Ashley Park is seriously compromised by the cars circling for a parking space, and the smell of hot asphalt and exhaust once you finally find one.

5) Bloomberg reports that the South Korean trucker strike, which appears to be pinching its loaf, disrupted approximately the same amount of import and export traffic, a total of about USD 6 billion.

5 1/2) I don't know if this is right, but this article says Lee Myung-bak's support has slipped to only 20%. If true, President Lee has experienced the most meteoric decline in popularity in world leader history--he was only elected at the end of February, fer chrissakes. Today's word is "fickle".

No comments: