Sunday, May 5, 2019

Seoul Botanic Garden


I saw this advert on the subway a few days ago, and noticing it was quite near me--four or five stops away on line 9 here in Gangseo-gu--I wondered why I had never heard of it before.

Now I know: it just opened. Today was a glorious day for hitting a botanic(al) garden, so hit it I did. I only went as far as the conservatory, but there is a huge expanse beyond that. I'll go back later this year, as quite a lot of it has hardly grown in. You approach through a mezzanine from the subway and explode into a wide vista unusual for the overgrown city of Seoul:



Some views approaching the conservatory:



The inside is pretty well organized by habitats, and has a cool overhead walkway.



There are several stall scattered around with some educational info about various topics, including coffee and poppies:



And, of course, the flowers:



Finally, a couple of shots from the gift shop, and a view across the lake as I made my way back to the subway. Bring your own water, as the prices are ridiculous--and now that the place is officially open, adult admission is 5,000 W.



No comments: