Monday, February 12, 2018

Pyeongchang in Seoul


When I went to the US Embassy to collect my new passport, prior to my trip on Wednesday to Cambodia, I noticed that KT (Korea Telecom) had some kind of whiz-bang Pyeongchang Olympics-related activity at Gwanghwamun and so I decided to see what was happening. When you come out the Gwanghwamun madang exit, your ordinary breath-taking vista is a bit obscured by the building:


Inside, you can do various VR Winter Olympic-style events such as hockey (not pictured), bobsled, torch relay and video games that operate by just waving your hands around:


Down the square a little way, you encounter the souvenir shop, suitably overpriced:


And finally, one of those cut-out photo-op things that I find so irresistible:


I know it's been a long time, but I am happy to be back in the Seoul Patch. Perhaps you can hold on until I return from Cambodia for more. I promise, there will be more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there :)

Great blog! Thanks for making it.

I was wondering if you have a spare good PPP ESL lesson for High School or Middle School (preferably High school if possible) that I could send to my son before he applies to go teach in South Korea. He’s really excited but is just beginning to learn what it takes to teach abroad there. Would you mind sending us one if you have it? He’d really appreciate it and I’m sure it would help him out a lot.

~Torey