Tuesday, May 10, 2016

FC Seoul vs Pohang


On the final day of my Spring Break, Sunday, I went to Seoul World Cup Stadium at Sangam. I arrived well early, not much of a crowd in evidence, buying a ticket around 12:30 for the 2:00 start, being sure to specify an aisle seat as close to the bench area as possible (section F, 20,000 W).


Then I went to the GS 25 and had a couple of beers before dropping by The Fan Zone where they have installed a trophy room:


Outside, one of the stars, Osmar, defensive midfielder from Spain, was signing autographs in his street clothes. Odd. He didn't play, still don't know why.


Anyway, I made my way to my seat, to find it was not in fact an aisle seat, as promised. My mood was not improved by the story of the match: though FC Seoul controlled the ball most of the game, they were down two-nil at halftime, and lost three-one. Here's the kick-off:


On my way out, I stopped at the ticket office to complain about my bad seat, and was given a free ticket to the same section at the next home game. So that's pretty good customer service, if somewhat belated. Fortunately, I'll be able to attend--May 22nd, if anyone wants to join me.

No comments: