Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Post Where the Yeouido Flower Festival Should Be


Sadly, this year's Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival was cancelled--not just the tents and shows and activities, access to the street was closed down. Frankly, every year looks pretty similar, as you can see by clicking on "cherry blossom festival" in the Label Cloud on the right, but it has been a highlight of springtime in Seoul for me since 2009.

So, instead, I'm going to post up a few pictures of flowers I see every day during my ten minute walk to and from school.

These are literally on the walkway once inside the school grounds.


The hillside that abuts the campus on the sidewalk is ablaze with azaleas:


Here's hoping that next year Seoulites will be able to visit the cherry blossoms around Yeouido, and that I will be among them, to share pictures with you then!

No comments: