Saturday, January 25, 2020

Seoul World Cup Stadium Tour


For years I've wanted to take the World Cup stadium tour, but I generally only get over there on game days, when of course they don't offer the tour. I finally made it, and it cost a minimal 1,000W for an hour--including a not too rah-rah 13 minute video of the 2002 World Cup. In the waiting room, I was thrilled to meet K-Pop sensations and Seoul Tourism ambassadors BTS:


The field was being prepared for the upcoming ACL game on the 28th. I learned the turf is Kentucky bluegrass, and the import [mumble] square feet of it from the states each year.


Here is the player tunnel.


FC Seoul locker rooms, showers (note the fresh soap) and massage room:


Manager's meeting room, with me managering:


Warm-up room that visitors are allowed to sign on the wall. And


The young lady tour guide was very nice, and since I was the only person in attendance, she took lots of photos:


No comments: